Overview: This article provides a walkthrough for installing Tenfold's Chrome Extension (Legacy) Floating UI. The Chrome Extension UI can be used generally with various deployments of Tenfold across the suite of CRM and PBX integrations.
NOTE: This is now considered a legacy product. Please update your Chrome Extension to our most current release by going to this page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tenfold-chrome-extension/bhbjldpmfhkffdepkcalihjlgnljpeeh?hl=en-US
Chrome Extension Installation Video
- Load the Tenfold Extension Page in the Chrome Webstore. The Chrome Extension URL can also be found on the Tenfold Download page here.
- Click the "Add to Chrome" button.
- Once successfully installed, you should see the Tenfold Chrome Extension in the top right-hand corner of your browser.
- Tenfold Chrome Extension settings can be changed at any time by clicking on the Tenfold Chrome Extension icon in Chrome and toggling any needed changes.
Note: In some instances, you may receive an error like: “Package is invalid cannot load extension with file or directory name _. Filenames starting with “_” are reserved for use by the system.”
Should this occur, you simply need to update Google Chrome.
Enabling/Disabling the Chrome Extension
Should you need to enable or disable the Tenfold Chrome Extension, you can do so within the Google Chrome browser preferences. Keep in mind that while the Chrome Extension is disabled, the Tenfold Floating UI will not appear.
To enable or disable the Chrome Extension:
- Type chrome://extensions in the Chrome URL bar and press Enter. You will see a list of any extensions you have installed for Chrome.
- Locate Tenfold in the list and toggle the checkbox to the desired status. Checked is enabled, and unchecked is disabled.
Installing for multiple Agents via Group Policy?
If you have a large subset of users that will be using the Tenfold Chrome Extension, we have an article to walk through installing the application using Group Policies here.
Originally Written By Blake Given
June 10, 2016