Updated: 10/25/2017 By: Sean Pinegar
Overview: In cases where an instance of SugarCRM has a very high record count on the Accounts, Contacts, or Leads modules we often find that the database is not optimized in a way to respond to Tenfold requests in a timely manner. This can lead to “No Match Found” views or overall slow performance of Tenfold. To help mitigate this Tenfold has built an installable package that accomplishes the following:
- A custom Tenfold endpoint is created which allows Tenfold to search for records matching the phone number very quickly.
- The installer creates a few custom fields for storing phone numbers in a special format which is optimized to return results more quickly than the out of the box fields. During install, these fields are enabled for Full Text Search.
- An after save logic hook is created which checks to see if any standard phone fields have been updated (e.g. You added a number to a contact) and copies the updated phone number to one of the fields from step 2. This logic hook is created for the Accounts, Contacts, and Leads modules.
- When the above steps have been created the installer will initiate a Full Text Search indexing to account for the newly added fields in step 2.
Note: This installation should be performed after business hours. During the install process, we initiate a re-indexing of Full Text Search which may take several minutes or even hours to complete. Additionally, you will need admin privileges to complete this installation.
- SugarCRM 220.127.116.11 or later
- Download the Tenfold Package for SugarCRM from the link below.
- In SugarCRM Navigate to the Administration panel then to Module Loade
- Upload the Tenfold package you downloaded in step 1.
- Click the Install button. The install may take a few minutes to complete depending on how much data exists in the CRM.
- After installing the Tenfold Connector navigate to https://dashboards.tenfold.com/organization#crm. Click the Advanced Options link on the CRM configuration page and enter
v10into the API Version input. Enter
global_searchin to the Search Strategy field. Click save.
Here is a .gif which demonstrates the above steps.
After the install is complete you will see the following screen.