Overview: This article describes how to integrate Zendesk with Tenfold
Requirements: Your organization’s Zendesk Host URL and a Zendesk Administrator credentials. In addition the Zendesk Password and Token access to the Zendesk API needs to be enabled.
Enable Zendesk API Password and Token access:
- Log into Zendesk
- On the left-hand side of the Zendesk portal, click on the cog wheel and then click on API.
- Enable Password Access and Token Access on the Settings tab
Integrate Zendesk with your Tenfold account:
1. Navigate to the Dashboard CRM page
2. Select Zendesk from the dropdown menu
3. Enter your Zendesk username (user should be admin or at least have access to all records you want Tenfold to search), password and hostname (exp: https://example_organization.zendesk.com)
4. Click the “Save” button
These options do not necessarily need to be configured initially. The default values can be used for most integrations. After making any changes make sure to press the Save button.
Digits to Match: Number of digits in a phone number that Tenfold will match against Zendesk’s records.
Default Description text for New Cases: On new Case creation, Zendesk will send out an email. The text in this field is the default description that is sent.
Send Email on Case Creation: If your Organization does not want to send an email on Case creation, this can be disabled by unchecking the box.
Tenfold Embedded UI for Zendesk:
Installing the Embedded UI for Zendesk