This is a guide on how to install and update to our Newest Chrome Extension (Floating UI).
The Floating UI, as the name suggests, ‘floats’ or appears on the bottom right corner of the Chrome tab while making an outbound call or when receiving an incoming call. It is a part of the Chrome Extension.
This Guide Contains the Following Sections:
Our 3 Different Chrome Extensions
The following are the three main Tenfold Extensions one can add to their Chrome browser.
- Tenfold (Legacy Chrome Extension)
- Tenfold Click to Dial Extension
- Tenfold Chrome Extension
Do you have the Legacy Chrome Extension (aka Floating UI) installed?
The Legacy Chrome Extension (Floating UI) icon is present on the top right corner of your chrome browser if the extension has been added. The Legacy CE is circled below and has the phone receiver on the icon.
If I don’t have the Chrome Extension (Floating UI) installed already, what should I do?
If you previously didn't have the Floating UI installed, you can download the new and upgraded version from the Chrome Web Store by clicking here.
1. Click on ‘Add to Chrome’
2. A confirmation message will pop up. Click on ‘Add Extension’ to confirm the addition.
Back to ToC
(detailed steps on how to install the Floating UI are below)
How do I remove the Legacy extension and install the upgraded Chrome Extension?
The Legacy Extension can be found (if already installed) towards the right of the address bar.
1. To remove it the user will have to right-click on and select the option "Remove from Chrome...".
2. Select Remove in the box which pops up
3. A survey would pop up which you can choose to ignore or provide us feedback (we love feedback)
How to Install the New Tenfold Chrome Extension
1. Navigate to Tenfold Chrome Extension, which will take you to this page from where you can choose the option ‘Add to Chrome’
2. Confirm ‘Add extension’
3. You will now see the new Chrome Extension to the right of the address bar.
4. Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed the most recently approved* version of Tenfold’s Chrome Extension.
* approved: meaning that it does take time for the Chrome Web Store to approve extension update requests. If you find that the approved version is not the most current version based on the Tenfold Download page, feel free to Manually Install the most recent version there.
Originally Written by Akshay Mohan